Field Service Engineer (m/f/d)
The position will require the FSE to be involved with installation and maintenance of ELOKON safety and assistance systems on material handling equipment/forklift trucks of all major OEMs, including proximity warning systems, mobile personnel protection devices, fleet management systems and radar-based systems for speed reduction.
The FSE will also gather data utilizing specific reports and ELOKON procedures and supply various forms and custom reports to the customer to assist in sales of parts and service contracts. As
necessary, the FSE will assist with the field training of new employees and/or partners’ employees, perform train-the-trainer work and may receive in-house assignments covering technical support, training, or documentation, as well as supporting our sales team when needed.
- Make travel arrangements daily or weekly basis.
- Be capable of traveling at a moment notice on weekdays or weekends.
- Carry mechanical and electrical tools from job to job, including laptop and tool case.
- Discuss objectives with the customer when on-site and explain the system’s capabilities and/or limitations.
- Develop or follow a schedule for completion of objectives while on-site.
- Perform or assist with mechanical and electrical installation or modification to ELOKON equipment.
- Troubleshoot and debug all issues including mechanical, electrical, or programming using the provided drawings and technical manuals or write sections of the PLC program.
- Modify, adjust, or develop robotic application code.
- Mark-up drawings (Red Line) with any updates or changes as required.
- Communicate issues, successes, and delays with the Customer, project manager, team members and regional management daily. This may include but not exclusive to Electronic Issue Reports.
- Participate in a closeout meeting with the Office and the Customer at completion of each assignment.
- Write a detailed daily / weekly report for each job location and send to the office.
- Participate in sales meetings and support the Sales team both on and off site when needed.
- Complete a weekly electronic expense report and send in the receipts to the office.
- Send all copies of programs, redline drawings, and weekly reports to the office for proper archival at completion of job.
Why Join Us?
- You want to be a part of proven company, with tremendous additional growth potential.
- Chance to work with innovative technology and represent a high-quality German product that has the potential to save lives and improve overall safety in the materials handling industry.
- You want to be significantly rewarded for your abilities and contributions.
- You want to work hard within a fun-loving environment that encourages a work-life balance.
- You enjoy working in an international environment with bi-annual trips to Germany for team meeting events.
Compensation and Benefits
- Paid training.
- Excellent compensation.
- Opportunity to travel around the country to exciting new places (and overseas at times) to gain experience with different forklift truck and AGV OEMs/manufacturers and brand name international clients from the automotive, e-commerce, steel, logistics and many other industries.
- Health, Dental, Life.
- Opportunity to participate in the R&D process of our products – thus increasing safety and adding value to our customers.
- Grow with the company with great advancement prospects.
The candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 0-2 years of field experience in material handling or an Associate's Degree in Engineering and 2+ years of field experience in material handling. (Level 2 requires BS w/ 2 yrs or AS w/ 4 yrs or MS w/ 1yr. experience) No degree - will be considered with 10+ years material handling experience.
- Prior Field Service Experience is highly desirable.
- Must be proficient with MS Office products and Operating Systems (i.e., Windows 10).
- Must have a strong mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical aptitude and experience.
- Working experience with electrical wiring and reading of schematics.
- Must have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently (self-starter) and with teams.
- Ability to travel over 85% of the year.
- Must be located within 30 miles of a US major airport, preferably in the Eastern United states region.
- Must be legally able to work in the US.
- Will work out of their home office or the ELOKON office, Atlanta, GA area
- Must be able to travel as the position dictates.