Customer Service Engineer (m/f/d)
- reference number ST1810US -
Our Customer Service Engineer (CSE) will install and maintain ELOKON products on material handling equipment (primarily forklifts, from all major OEMs). Our products includes ultra-wideband proximity warning systems, lidar-based pedestrian protection devices, wireless fleet management systems, and radar-based speed control systems.
The CSE will also gather data using internal reports and procedures, supply various data to customers, and assist in selling parts and service contracts. The CSE may also help field-train company and/or partner employees, perform train-the-trainer work, and provide technical and documentation support.
- Perform or assist with mechanical and electrical installations or modifications of ELOKON products.
- Troubleshoot and debug all issues (mechanical, electrical, and programming) using provided drawings, directions, and PLC programs.
- Develop and follow schedules for completion of on-site work objectives, and discuss those objectives with customers while on-site.
- Make travel arrangements on daily or weekly basis, including on short notice and occasional weekends.
- Carry mechanical and electrical tools to job sites, including laptop and tool case.
- Mark up drawings (redline) with updates/changes as required.
- Communicate daily with customers, team members, and company management about project issues, successes, and delays.
- Write detailed daily/weekly reports for each job location, including a weekly electronic expense report.
- At the completion of each assignment, participate in closeout meetings with customers and submit all required closeout documentation to company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 1-2 years of field experience in material handling. OR Associate's Degree in Engineering and 2+ years of field experience in material handling. OR, candidates without a degree will be considered if they have 5+ years’ of material handling experience.
- Prior customer service experience is desirable.
- Strong aptitude for and experience with mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems.
- Hands-on experience with electrical wiring and reading schematics.
- Proficient with MS Office products and operating systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently (self-starter) and with teams.
- Ability to travel 60-80% of the time.
Why Join Us?
- Be part of a successful, stable European company with tremendous growth potential in the U.S.
- Get recognized and rewarded for your abilities and contributions.
- Work hard in a fun-loving environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance.
- Work for an international company with bi-annual trips to Europe for team meetings and events.
- ELOKON offers a highly competitive wage and benefits package for full-time employees.
- ELOKON is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S.
- Work out of home office and/or ELOKON office near Atlanta.
- Must be able to travel as the position dictates.
- Must live within a 1-hour drive of a major U.S. airport.